Where We Serve
New Life Children’s Center (Canyon Lake, Texas) is a children’s treatment center working to restore emotional well being and help the resident girls develop appropriate coping skills on the their journey of healing from severe physical abuse and neglect. Most of these girls will never return home, it isn’t safe. The average length of treatment is 6 months, but the girls can stay as long as 18 months if needed. Once they are well enough to leave New Life, the girls will hopefully be placed with adoptive parents or placed in the foster care system.
Chicktime New Life believes that EVERY girls needs support from those who love her and we enter their lives as caring members of the community focused on their restoration and just doing what we can to bring a bright spot to their lives.
Additional Volunteer Opportunities at New Life
A volunteer packet must be completed to volunteer in these areas:
DONATION ITEMS FOR NEW LIFE CHILDRENS CENTER:
- Lip glosses (no glass and no other make-up items)
- Rugs (small colored throw rugs for the bedside)
- House shoes (really cute fun ones)
- Hair gel (straight or curly hair and African American like ampro or jam)
- Fun pillows (to decorate their beds)
- Cute stuffed animals
- tretchy bracelets (no metal)
- Necklaces with breakable chains (an easy test is to decide if a necklace chain will pull off easily, so leather and wire won’t work…. More like light chains, threads, or stretchy string!)
- Board Games & cards
- Socks (Colored or white but ankle or short only)
- Giant pickles (large, PLASTIC only jars sold at Wal-Mart and Sam’s Club)
- Individual bags of chips and snacks (especially hot cheetos)
- Candy Bars
- Non- chocolate candy (skittles, starburst, wonka, sour strings)
- 8 pack 12 oz. (plastic bottles only) rootbeer, orange, mountain dew, coke, dr. pepper, sprite and diet coke
- The girls love to crocket and knit. We can use colorful yarn, crochet hooks and knitting looms.
- As an all girl facility we are always in need of white ankle socks, sports bras (no metal) and underwear (bikini, boy short or low rise, no thongs, please).
- Tampons (slims, regular and super)
- Phone cards to call their families
- When the girls discharge successfully from New Life, we CELEBRATE. We are in need of make-up for their discharge bags: mascara, eye shadow, blush, lip gloss, lipstick and eyeliner.
- Anything with ANY metal, sharp edges like mirrors, glass, porcelain ceramics…..
Any questions: Contact Lisa Brown, volunteer director for New Life at email@example.com or 830-964-4390 x216
To learn more about New Life Children’s Center, visit them online at www.upbring.org today!
If you would like to donate any of these items, please contact the Administration Office directly at 210-876-6763 or visit them online at upbring.org.