Where We Serve
About Boise Rescue Mission
Boise Rescue Mission Ministries reaches out to the community by teaching the Word of God and providing food, shelter, clothing and opportunities to recover from homelessness for men, women, and children in need.
Boise Rescue Mission is the primary provider of homeless services in the state of Idaho with four facilities in Ada and Canyon counties.
Additional Volunteer Opportunities at Boise Rescue Mission
A volunteer packet must be completed to volunteer in these areas:
Food Ministry (River of Life, City Light, Lighthouse): Serve a meal to guests! Opportunities available 7 days a week at all three locations.
Warehouse Support (Ministry Center): Volunteers help sort and organize donations of clothing, food, and household items.
Office Support (Ministry Center): Opportunities are available Monday through Friday, late morning and afternoon. Volunteers may enter data into our database, stuff envelopes, fold thank-you letters, or make phone calls. Ideally, it is best to commit to 2+ hours on a weekly basis.
Drivers (River of Life, City Light, Lighthouse, Ministry Center): Drivers assist by getting people to various appointments in Mission vehicles. Some appointments occur on a regular basis. A clean driving record is required.
Mentors, Tutors, and Job Coaches ( River of Life, Lighthouse, City Light): Boise Rescue Mission is always looking for Christian men and women who can serve as a support to New Life Program members. This is a great opportunity to help provide personal, professional, and spiritual encouragement.
Contact Desk Workers (City Light): Opportunities are available Monday through Friday at various times (including evenings). Ideally, it is best to have volunteers work 2+ hours on a regular basis. Volunteers can also be trained to serve on an as needed basis.
Adopt a Transitional Apartment (River of Life, City Light, Lighthouse): Adopt one of the Next Step Transitional Apartments and turn it into a home for a New Life Program graduate. A little elbow grease, new curtains, kitchen supplies, etc. can make all the difference for someone moving from the shelter into their own home.
Donation Items Needed for Boise Rescue Mission
Please Drop Donations at Boise Rescue Mission’s Warehouse
308 S. 24th St. Boise, ID 83702
FOOD DONATION ITEMS FOR BOISE RESCUE MISSION:
- Meat: ground pork, sausage, chicken strips,
- Fresh fruits and vegetables
- Frozen vegetables
- Ketchup and Mustard
- Canned fruits and vegetables
- Salad dressings
- Oil and Spices
- Cash donations
- Gas gift cards
- Razors/Shaving Cream
- T-Shirts, Underwear, and Socks
- Diapers (All Sizes)
- Bath Towels
- Cleaning Supplies
- Household Light Bulbs
- New Computers
- Do not give your last name, address, telephone number, e-mail, or personal information to guests or program participants.
- Do not give or loan money to anyone.
- Do not give rides or take anyone to your home without approval.
- Do not be alone with someone of the opposite sex.
- Do not leave personal belongings unattended.
- Do not date or pursue a romantic relationship with people in the programs.
- Do not make any decisions or be involved in counseling people in the programs; instead, refer them to appropriate personnel.
- Keep confidential all information that is obtained directly or indirectly concerning those in the programs.
- While volunteering, refrain from smoking and/or consuming alcohol.
- You must sign in/out when volunteering at any facility, event, or project.
- Be aware that there could be registered sex offenders staying at any of the Mission’s shelters.
- Complete assignments as directed. Seek clarification if needed.
- Be punctual and conscientious.
Any questions: contact Amanda Vaughn, Volunteer Coordinator for Boise Rescue Mission at: