West Suburban News
1. 8th grade high school assessments – Pray for all our 8th graders who will be taking the high school assessment test in the next few weeks. Pray that they would be prepared, that they would be able to recall all that they have learned and that they would take a hold of their future!
2. Altgeld staff – Pray that our Altgeld staff would be encouraged and have divine patience with each other, the kids and the parents. Pray that the fruits of the Spirit would be increasingly evident in every situation that our staff find themselves in.
3. Classroom Assistants – Pray for our Assistants at each location. Pray that they would be growing in knowledge of God and that they would be passionately in love with the Father. Pray that as an overflow of this increased love that they would gain more authority with the kids and be steadfast in their commitment.
4. Cabrini Site Director – Praise the LORD for a new Cabrini Site Director that will begin in January! Please pray for his transition.
5. Cabrini attendance – Our Cabrini site is reaching out to make additional partnerships with local schools. Pray that these partnerships are strong and that our attendance and enrollment in blessed.
6. Grace for Team Leaders, CBK/CCK Coaches, Volunteer Department and Fund Development – Please pray for grace for direct service staff to deliver high quality programming for our youth. Pray for grace for directors and leaders to support, encourage, and model for staff to help produce high quality programming.
7. 8 year old in Austin – Please pray for an 8 year old child in Austin who struggles with bullying and being bullied. She is quickly acquiring a name for herself as a fighter. Pray against this stronghold in her life.
2. Violence in Englewood – Our hearts cringe when article after article speak of continued violence across the city, especially in Englewood. Romans 8:22 speaks of the very earth groaning in pain as it awaits full redemption. The streets of Englewood echo this cry. Family after family replicate this severe mourning as another son… another daughter… another husband… another uncle dies due to human hatred. Lord draw near! Cover those that have experienced so much heartache. Turn individuals, families, entire blocks and neighborhoods unto yourself. Lord, send many witnesses, who like John the Baptist, will unashamedly proclaim the GOOD NEWS to dark streets that crave light. Light will triumph!
3. Reading Specialists Parent Covenant – Pray for our Reading Specialist team as they draft a covenant to use with parents, encouraging them to support and encourage their child while we are working with them throughout the year. The team’s goal is to build up connections with the students’ parents which will hopefully aid in building a team of supporters for the students’ learning.
A verse to take with you today: Isaiah 41:10 “Fear not for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”
Earlier this month Chicktime leaders from around the United States gathered together on a ranch in Bandera, Texas. It was an amazing experience to meet so many women on a mission. A mission to spread love and service to young girls throughout the world. In one word…POWERFUL!!!! If you have not yet found an organization that you would like to build a relationship and share your gifts, maybe there is a reason you stumbled upon this website. Chicktime needs you, just as much as you need chicktime. I am currently seeking women of all gifts and talents to share with the young girls in our organization, By The Hand Club for Kids.
We welcome you with open arms!