Where We Serve
Sunnybrook Children’s Home was chartered as a non-profit Christian childcare organization by the State of Mississippi on December 10, 1963.
Founders Alonzo Welch, Clark Stringer, H. J. Massie, J. C. Redd and Robert M. Moon began this ministry to children in rented quarters on North Street in Jackson, Mississippi on June 1, 1964.
A second house was opened on Jefferson Street in December 1964.
On June 1, 1967, the Sunnybrook ministry made its permanent home on Sunnybrook Road in Ridgeland, Mississippi, a suburb of Jackson.
Sunnybrook Children’s Home is licensed by the State of Mississippi to provide residential care for male and female children from ages six through twenty who meet the criteria for basic care.
Children considered appropriate for basic care are those who are capable of functioning in a family environment as part of the community.
Children come to Sunnybrook through the Department of Child Protection Services, the courts, churches and private family placements.
Traditionally, most of the children come from Mississippi. Our Children’s Home is steeped in the rich tradition of the houseparent model of care. Sunnybrook Children’s Home continues its legacy of transforming the lives of children through restoring hope in a Christian home.
Current Needs List:
Sunnybrook Children’s Home is a 501(c)3 Charitable Organization. There are many ways that your tax-deductible monetary gifts will help:
- Financial contributions
- Support of a specific child or children
- Support of specific home or homes
- School supplies
- Birthday and Christmas gifts
- Summer vacation, camps, and special activities
- Food and household supplies
- Memorials and Honorariums for special people in your life
- Planned giving – Leave a legacy. You may provide for Sunnybrook Children’s Home through: Wills or Bequest, Life Insurance and Annuities; Stocks, Bonds or CD’s; and Property
CONTACT US for details.