Where We Serve
We partner with the Lancaster Children’s Home. The Lancaster Children’s Home is committed to providing comprehensive treatment services in the most effective and least restrictive setting possible. They offer a full array of services which allows them to offer programs from a wide variety of settings and treatment modalities. Their goal is to keep families together whenever possible. If out-of-home care is needed, they strive to reunify family as soon as possible by providing the child and family the tools they need to live together successfully.
Our program highlights include:
- Teaching children how to be responsible and how to make positive choices for themselves.
- Teaching each child how to identify internal and external controls and how to respond to each.
- Through a daily points system, the children earn privileges through paths. What path a child is on depends upon the amount of points accumulated within a certain period of time. The higher the path, the more privileges a child earns.
- Paths can increase and decrease depending on the actions and behavior of the child.
- Staff provides individual and group counseling sessions with the children as well as family counseling.
- Allowances are earned by each child, but allowances may be reduced by fines accrued for inappropriate behavior.
- Good behavior is rewarded as well as providing consequences for bad behavior.
- English/Spanish Dictionaries
- 2” binders
- Tabbed pocket dividers
- Poster board (all types)
- Tri-fold presentation boards
- Flash drives
- Graphing or Scientific Calculators
- Money for school sponsored field trips
- Envelopes for residents to write family and friends
- Socks (low and high)
- Boxers (youth and men sizes)
- First Aid Supplies
- OTC Medications (cold/allergy/pain/stomach)
- Feminine Hygiene Products
- Feminine Wash/Towelettes
- Hair styling products
- Paddle brushes
- Foot spray/powder
- Hand sanitizer
To learn more about the Lancaster Children’s Home, visit their webpage!